The Cross’ Mills Public Library (CMPL) recognizes that Library cooperation is essential to providing the information needs of its patrons and library patrons across the State of Rhode Island. CMPL is also committed to fulfilling the information needs of requesting patrons throughout the United States when those needs arise.
An Interlibrary Loan is a transaction in which material from one library is made available to another library upon request. The term "material" includes all formats, i.e., books, photocopies, videos, CDs, DVDs, etc.
The following materials are available for Interlibrary Loan from the Cross’ Mills Public Library:
- Circulating books
- Circulating periodicals
- Audio-visual materials
- Photocopies from non-circulating materials
The following materials will not be available for Interlibrary Loan:
- Reference materials
- Special local history & genealogy materials
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CROSS’ MILLS PUBLIC LIBRARY
- CMPL will make every attempt to initiate processing of requests as rapidly as possible.
- CMPL shall notify requesting library/patron of non availability of requested materials after making a thorough search for the requested materials.
- CMPL will provide photocopies to requesting library/patron from non-circulating materials. There will be no charge for photocopies provided.
- CMPL will allow a four week loan period for out-of–state requests, with one renewal if there are no holds on the item.
- CMPL shall honor the policies and conditions of loan of the lending libraries that loan materials to CMPL.
- CMPL shall make every effort to recover materials from delinquent patrons.
- Any questions or concerns about ILL should be directed to Nomi Hague (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 401-364-6211.
As with the circulation records of libraries, Interlibrary Loan requests are confidential.
Cross' Mills Public Library | 4417 Old Post Road | Charlestown, RI 02813-0909 | (401) 364-6211